Sunday, June 28, 2009

How I solved a food problem + zucchini spaghetti recipe





Usually food has nothing to do with my blog, but in this case it has to do with relying on my creativity to solve an issue I had with food.
I explain..... I like spaghetti very much and when I eat them, not so often, I eat a lot, cannot stop even when I'm full, I have to finish the plate, so at the and I find myself quite unable to move, and sleepy.
Last week I ate spaghetti and it went as above, so I told myself, this is not good, have to find a solution, I want something like spaghetti but healthier, lighter, and low carb....I knew there is spaghetti squash, but it is not easy to find and you have to cook it before use.
No, i needed something quick and easy...thinking...thinking, I imagined what if making spaghetti out of zucchini.
Little search on the internet and i found that somebody has already invented them :D.
Yesterday I bought zucchini and decided to give it a try.
I took one medium zucchini (only for me to taste), and grated it by the long side with a regular julienne grater, but I found that they sell a julienne cutter, and even a machine called spiralizer or saladacco, to do a better job.
However they came out nicely, a little more like noodles, and I kept them raw.
Then I made a spaghetti sauce, stirring fry with evo some chopped onion and half a bell pepper, chopped, when they became tender, I added tomato sauce and salt to my taste, and let all cook till done.
I put the zucchini spaghetti in the pan, turned with the sauce, and served.
I was very satisfied, the feeling of eating spaghetti, the zucchini taste was only slightly perceived, and I felt light after eating.
Even my daughter and husband said it was good, fine!

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin