Saturday, October 24, 2009

13 - Gratitude.


One day, long ago, I was complaining in my mind for something I could not afford in my life, and thinking how I was unfortunate, compared to some people. I will not tell you what it was, let's say it was a not so important thing (but that's not the point) neverthless I felt totally miserable about it.
Then something happened that made me thought about people who really have less in life, and immediately I felt ashamed for my complaints.
Therefore the first thing I understood is to not compare with others, unless you consider both, the ones who have more and the ones who have less.
The next step I made was, to analize my life just to see the things I had and that I could be happy for.
Well, the right word is grateful, and I find gratitude is a nice feeling, a sentiment that makes you "feel" good, if you know what I mean.
So, I put down a list, yes I wrote it, of all I had and was grateful for, I began with the smallest things I scarcely ever noted, like....I have eyes to see, ears to hear, I can talk, touch, walk, hug, and so on.....I have a roof on my head, a family....a job....
Often we take these things for granted, but actually they are not.
My conclusion is, often noting, and enjoying what you have, will make you feel much better...often!

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin