Thursday, March 11, 2010

How we are treated, it ( often if not always ) depends on us.

Image:advancedlifeskills.com

And it is not a matter of blame, it's a matter of responsibility, and freedom.
It often occurred and occurs to me that, when I feel sick or weak, small children become more annoying and intrusive.
Or, when I felt guilty, or afraid, or unworthy, people around me tended to treat me in a more aggressive way, and take advantage of me.
It is commonly known, that victims of aggressions and violence ( emotional too ), are mostly gentle people, people who are afraid, people who feel weak and insecure, or with low self esteem.
All this makes me think that there is a strong connection between what we think and feel, and the way people treat us.
Like...if I think that I'm ridiculous, people will mock me...If I think that I'm not worthy, people will trample on me...if I'm afraid, I will "attract" what I'm afraid of, etc.
It is like, our thoughts and feelings, make us behave in a certain way, and unconsciously we emit signals that trigger other people's aggressive side, or attract aggressive people.
So, if someone treated you bad, figure out why and how you allowed him.
And change what you think, and what you feel about yourself.
When we feel confident, and strong, and respect ourself, most likely people will do the same.

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin